I want to play a bitwith SaC, but I'm finding it a bit tricky to get it installed and working. The following are notes about what I have encountered so far. I am using a RHEL 7.7 system with CUDA 10.1.
First, I find it hard to know what package to download. The distinction between "full" and "base" is not clear, but it seems tiny (2MiB). Under "Weeklies", there seems to be multiple versions available, differing in whether their file name contains "-1" or "-2". What's the difference? In general, I find the file names a bit confusing:
I assume g856d44 is the internal revision and maybe 359 is a week number, but do I need to care about "omnibus" or "MijasCosta"?
For the following, I am using the "full" version of these two files:
(It's also a bit confusing that the "full"/"base" distinction only appears in the download source directory and not the file names.)
sac2c-1.3.3-MijasCosta-359-g856d44-omnibus.tar.gz is a tarbomb.
While this might be intentional, it would be nice to say so on the
The README in the sac2c tarball refers to the download page for more information, and the download page refers to the README.
The README says to use
-i options for the
script, but this script only seems to accept
Minor nit: it's a bit annoying that the installation location cannot be the same as thesource location.
install.sh does not seem to actually install
sac2c and the other
commands I would expect. Instead, its installation directory contains
libexec does contain
libexec/sac2c/1.3.3-MijasCosta-359-g856d44/sac2c_d, which fail to
libsac2c_p.so cannot be found. It seems like some
wrapper script is missing.
This is as far as I got with the tarballs. I'll try with an RPM instead.